I visited Pakistan Tobacco Company, Jehlum. It was ‘Industrial Tour’ organized by Department of Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering, UET Lahore.
Some points from the visit:
1) The concept of PULSAR is amazingly implemented. (Industrial Safety)
2) The Manufacturing Excellence Program is implemented. Though, there is always a room for improvement. But it was also admirable. (Run to Target Manufacturing)
3) I observed almost 65-35 automation implemented in the industry.
~Chairperson, Department of Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering had discussion with HR PTC. Now, Students of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering, UET Lahore will be allowed to participate in Battle of the Minds (PTC Talent Hunt Program).
After the visit,
Killa Routas was explored:
- It is a historical place built by Sher Shah Suri.
- I think, maintenance was not satisfactory. Govt. must take steps to save the glory of these historical places.